.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Friday, July 22, 2005

Summer Holidays

It's been a busy week, but a bit peaceful compared to how the next 6 weeks are going to be. The older kids broke up for their summer holidays yesterday, and although we WILL have lots of fun, there's going to be lots of tantrums and tears too.

Kyle enjoys the company of his siblings... up to a point. And when that point is reached, that's when all hell breaks loose LOL

I laugh now, but I'm truly dreading it. He's not a very sociable person, but on the bright side, we now have 6 weeks to do some intense "socializing skills" work ;~)

For the first time in any of my kids lives I've finally put a lock on my bedroom door. I bought a new bed this week, and it's the first really nice thing I've dared to get for myself in many years so I'm NOT taking any chances. LOL, especially now when there's going to be a lot of conflicts in the house ;~)

The kids had their new beds 3 weeks ago, lovely silver metal ones, and Kyle's already managed to bend his. He'd decided he wanted to see if he COULD do it.

In a way, I'm glad he's on ritalin and concentrating that little tiny bit more than before. The bad thing is that he tends to concentrate on the things he shouldn't be doing hahahaha.

Ah well, such is life, huh? With any luck we'll have lots of great weather during the holidays so that we can be out and about as much as possible instead of being stuck in the house. Don't get me wrong, being in the house has it's positive side sometimes. We don't get the "What a naughty child!" looks from people, and Kyle gets to watch the Care Bears.

You may think he's too old for that program, but seriously, if you have a child with attention deficiency hyperactive disorder I would highly recommend you get them involved with the Care Bears. Every program has a little "moral" to it, and Kyle definitely shows a tad more compassion and understanding after watching them.

I wrote a new book. It's a short and concise self-help book that I've called "Focus: The Key To Success". It covers 3 things that we all need: focus, self-confidence and self-discipline. Being the parent of a child with ADHD helped me write the book, as to make our lives better for us I HAVE to have those 3 things in my own life.

Hopefully the book will help a lot of other people, and also buy me some new furniture in the process ;~)

Anna

Comments: Post a Comment



This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?